“With its reputation for reliable, high quality technology, SunPower’s high-efficiency solar panels were selected to maximise the solar power generated by the system and achieve our renewable energy goals.”
– Alan Frost, Director of Masdar City
SunPower™ solar panels have been chosen to power one of the most ambitious and futuristic projects in the world: Masdar City, an emerging global clean technology cluster located in what aims to be one of the world’s most sustainable urban developments powered by renewable energy.
This groundbreaking City, located on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi, will eventually be home to companies, researchers, and academics from across the globe, creating an international hub for organisations focused on renewable energy and clean technologies.
Location: Masdar City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Product: SunPower E19/315 W & SunPower E20/327 W
System Size: 1.2 MW
Annual Energy Production: 1.8 GWh
Number of Panels: 3,796
Covered Surface Area: 6,146 m²
- Higher performance at high temperatures
- High efficiency technology maximises energy output in the space constrained canopy structure
- Superior light capture thanks to anti-reflective coated glass and broader spectral response
- Panels blend harmoniously into the design of the buildings