Further notices highlighting certain uses we wish to make of your personal information together with the ability to opt in or out of selected uses may also be provided to you when we collect personal information from you.
This Website contains links to other third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such third-party websites.
- Our collection of information about you
- Our use of your personal information
- Use of interactive features and copyright infringement notices
- Disclosures to group companies and other third parties
- Storage and use of information about you outside the European Union
- Your rights of access, rectification, deletion and objection
- Contact Us
This website is not directed to and should not be used by minors. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors.
2. Our collection of browsing information
2.1 We collect the following information about you whenever you access this Website.
- Information made available by your browser: your IP address, your computer's operating system, your browser name and version number and the web pages that you viewed before, during and just after visiting the website. This browsing information is processed anonymously but may we may link it to your personal details if you have provided these.
2.2 We do not seek sensitive information about you (such as health or medical history, ethnicity, political leanings, religious beliefs, trade union membership, sexual preferences, etc.) and you should not provide such information to us.
3. Our use of your personal information
Your personal information will be processed for the following purposes and in accordance with the legal basis set out below:
To provide you with the products or services you have requested through the Website, such as our free consultation service (where available) or our online solar panel monitoring service and to process your order and to supply and/or install such products and services, including product maintenance, product safety notices and warranty servicing, where applicable.
To respond to your queries.
To recover any payments due to us.
To keep in contact with you in relation to your purchase of our products and services, your Website registrations and compliance with the terms and conditions of use of this Website.
The need to execute the terms and conditions of use of the Website.
Our legitimate interest to answer your questions and develop and maintain our relationship with you.
If we communicate with you by phone (for instance, if we call you to conduct a consultation you have requested via this website or if you call our customer service centre with a query about one of our products or services), we may record and monitor our call to help train our staff and to ensure a high quality of customer service.
Our legitimate interest to ensure a high-quality level of customer service and to improve this level.
Where you have submitted your personal data in connection with a job application, to evaluate your application
The need to execute the terms and conditions of use.
Our legitimate interest to evaluate your application and to take the necessary measures prior to concluding a contract with you.
If you are interested in purchasing our products and services, to provide distributors/ installers of our products in your area with your information so they can contact you with purchasing and pricing details. Or if you have provided your information to a distributor/installer that chooses to register this information with us.
Our legitimate interest to develop our business.
The need to comply with our legal obligations.
To better understand how you use this Website and to produce statistical reports of aggregate website activity.
To identify patterns and trends related to you use to enable us to improve the design of this Website and your browsing experience.
To improve our products and services.
From time to time, we may release in aggregate the browsing information we have gathered from visitors, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Website which may be anonymous
Our legitimate interest to improve the quality of our website and of our products and services and to better communicate with you concerning our services and products.
To gather further information about you from third party sources. For instance, we may use your email address to gather information about which social networks and other web services you subscribe for analytical or personalization purposes to improve our products and our Website for users
Our legitimate interest to evaluate your personal interests and your behavior in order to improve our products and our website.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Where you have agreed, we may use your information to send you information promoting our and selected third parties’ products and services by post, fax, telephone, email, text and/or via social networks and other web-based services you subscribe to, and where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing.
If you agree to receive marketing from other companies, we may disclose your email address and other contact details to other companies so that they can contact you directly about their products and services
4. Marketing Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
4.1 We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us as set out in paragraph 12 below.
5. Use of interactive features and copyright infringement notices
5.2 Copyright infringement notices submitted to us by you will be forwarded to the person responsible for the alleged infringement. Other complaints about the content of our Website may also be forwarded to any persons referred to in the complaint.
6. Disclosures to group companies and other third parties
6.1 We may provide information about you to others where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with a product or service you have requested, with your prior consent or otherwise where required by law, who will be subject to obligation to process the information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deployed. In particular:
6.3 We may disclose information we collect about you to our employees, partners, affiliates, distributors, partners, vendors and suppliers that:
- process information on our behalf
- participate with us in the provision or operation of this Website
- provide you with products and services relating to your SunPower system. For example, if you sign up for our solar panel monitoring service, we combine information we collect from your PV solar system (including solar electrical production, inverter operation and home electrical consumption) with your contact details (name, postal address and phone number) and provide this to dealers who provide installation, operation and maintenance services for your SunPower system.
6.4 In the event that we (or a part thereof) are (i) subject to negotiations for the sale of its business or (ii) are sold to a third party or (iii) undergo a reorganisation, you agree that any of your personal information which we holds may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party and used for the same purposes or for the purpose of analysing any proposed sale or re-organisation.
6.5 If you choose to complete a survey, information you provide to us may be disclosed to other companies, but will be anonymised and aggregated.
6.6 We may disclose information we collect about you if required or authorised to do so by applicable law (domestic or overseas) or in response to a court order or its equivalent and/or regulators anywhere in the world. We may also disclose your information in order to protect against fraud of to protect our property or other rights.
7.1 We take all reasonable precautions and implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security to protect the security and the confidentiality of your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation requirements, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any unauthorised access to or use of this Website or the information stored by us should be reported to us immediately by sending an email to: email@example.com.
7.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. Storage and use of information about you outside the European Union
8.1 Your personal information may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. We store the information we collect via this Website and other sources (such as our customer call centres) on centralised computer systems hosted by or on behalf of SunPower Corporation. These are located outside of the EEA, in the United States and the Philippines.
8.2 Please be aware that data protection laws in the United States and the Philippines do not currently offer the same level of protection as in European Union the and you may have fewer statutory rights in respect of information stored and processed by SunPower Corporation about you. In such instances, SunPower Corporation has engaged suppliers who are US Privacy Shield certified and/or have otherwise agreed to protect such information in accordance with European data protection laws.
In addition, each of SunPower’s operating subsidiaries have executed Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) relating to how data is handled and/or transferred. These BCRs were approved by competent supervisory data protection authorities in the European Union, and provide adequate protection to personnel data within SunPower’s group all over the world, even in case where SunPower undertakings are established in countries where the level of data protection is not considered commensurate with the level offered by data protection laws in the European Union. We have published a summary of these BCRs and a list of all operating subsidiaries bound by these BCRs.
8.3 In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose for which they were collected. Certain transaction details and services and correspondence, such as those relating to your purchase of SunPower products or the warranty on your SunPower products, may be retained until the time limit for claims in respect of the transaction has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data, and then archived in accordance with legal requirements, i.e. with statutory limitation requirements. Certain data, including those of individuals who provide personal data to SunPower, but who do not purchase SunPower products or services within two years of initial contact with SunPower, will be deleted or otherwise archived after two years from the initial date of contact with SunPower.
Our Website uses "web cookies" that it places on your computer whenever you visit this website in order to distinguish between and to log access by each visitor's browser. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please see our Cookies Policy.
11. Exercise of your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Those rights are as follows:
- Right to Access – You can ask to see the personal information SunPower holds about you. In connection with a request, SunPower may request specific information about you to enable us to confirm your identity and right access, as well as search for and provide you with the personal information SunPower holds about you. SunPower may, in limited circumstances, charge you a fee to access your personal information. However, we will advise you of a fee in advance. There can be instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require SunPower to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information we hold about you. In addition, personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous. In the event we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
- Correction or Deletion of Personal Information – SunPower works to ensure that personal information in its possession is accurate, current and complete. If you believe that the personal information SunPower holds on you is incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you may request the revision or correction of that information. SunPower reserves the right not to change personal information it considers to be accurate. SunPower further reserves the right to request legal confirmation of certain changes. If it is determined that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, we will revise it and, unless it proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts, inform agents, service providers or other third parties, which were provided with inaccurate information, so records in their possession may be corrected or updated.
- Withdrawal of Consent – If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain instances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- Objection to processing – you have the possibility to object to the processing of your personal data including profiling, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time (in certain instances). When profiling is related to direct marketing you always have a right to object.
- Limitation to processing – you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing in certain instances as provided by data protection law.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive the personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format when the processing is based on your consent or on a contract. You also have the right to ask us to transmit it to another data controller of your choice.
- Complaints – You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Authority, if you believe that SunPower has not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data.
You can exercise these rights by writing to us at SunPower Corporation, 77 Rio Robles, San Jose, CA 95134, USA, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, contact details and a copy of your identity document.
12. Contact Us
SunPower Customer Service
77 Rio Robles
San Jose, CA 95134
Telephone: +1-800-786-7693 (US)