1. Children and Teenagers
This website is not directed to and should not be used by children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
2. Our collection of browsing information
2.1 We may collect the following information about you whenever you access this Website.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes when you place an order for our products or services, posting materials, information about you when you register with this Website and through your use of any interactive features and services that we may make available from time to time on this Website.
- If you use this Website to request a consultation or 'contact us', we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or through other channels and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions. You will not be required to participate but if you choose to do so, we may use any information about you that you are asked to submit as indicated in the terms of the specific contest, giveaway or promotion.
- Information made available by your browser, including but not limited to your IP address, your computer's operating system, your browser name and version number and the web pages that you viewed before, during and just after visiting the website. This browsing information is processed anonymously but may we may link it to your personal details if you have provided these.
2.2 We do not seek sensitive information about you (such as health or medical history, ethnicity, political leanings, religious beliefs, trade union membership, sexual preferences, etc.) and you should not provide such information to us.
3. Our use of your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To better understand how you use this Website and to produce statistical reports of aggregate website activity.
- To identify patterns and trends related to you use to enable us to improve the design of this Website and your browsing experience.
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested through the Website, such as our free consultation service (where available) or our online solar panel monitoring service and to process your order and to supply and/or install such products and services.
- If we communicate with you by phone (for instance, if we call you to conduct a consultation you have requested via this website or if you call our customer service centre with a query about one of our products), we may record and monitor our call to help train our staff and to ensure a high quality of customer service.
- To respond to your queries.
- To recover any payments due to us.
- To improve our products and services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To keep in contact with you in relation to your purchase of our products and services, your Website registrations and compliance with the terms and conditions of use of this Website.
- Where you have submitted your personal data in connection with a job application, to evaluate your application.
- if you are interested in purchasing our products and services, to provide distributors/ installers of our products in your area with your information so they can contact you with purchasing and pricing details.
- To gather further information about you from third party sources. For instance, we may use your email address to gather information about which social networks and other web services you subscribe for analytical or personalization purposes to improve our products and our Website for users.
- From time to time, we may release in aggregate the browsing information we have gathered from visitors, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Website which may be anonymous.
4.1 Where you have agreed, we may use your information to send you information promoting our and selected third parties’ products and services by [post, fax, telephone, email] [and/or via social networks and other web-based services you subscribe to], and where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing.
4.2 If you agree to receive marketing from other companies, we may disclose your email address and other contact details to other companies so that they can contact you directly about their products and services.
4.3 We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us as set out in paragraph 12 below.
5. Use of interactive features and copyright infringement notices
5.2 Copyright infringement notices submitted to us by you will be forwarded to the person responsible for the alleged infringement. Other complaints about the content of our Website may also be forwarded to any persons referred to in the complaint.
6. Disclosures to group companies and other third parties
6.1 We may provide information about you to others where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with a product or service you have requested, with your prior consent or otherwise where required by law, who will be subject to obligation to process the information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deployed. In particular:
6.3 We may disclose information we collect about you to our employees, partners, affiliates, distributors, partners, vendors and suppliers that:
process information on our behalf
participate with us in the provision or operation of this Website
provide you with products and services relating to your SunPower system. For example, if you sign up for our solar panel monitoring service, we combine information we collect from your PV solar system (including solar electrical production, inverter operation and home electrical consumption) with your contact details (name, postal address and phone number) and provide this to dealers who provide installation, operation and maintenance services for your SunPower system.
6.4 In the event that we (or a part thereof) are (i) subject to negotiations for the sale of its business or (ii) are sold to a third party or (iii) undergo a reorganisation, you agree that any of your personal information which we holds may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party and used for the same purposes or for the purpose of analysing any proposed sale or re-organisation.
6.5 If you choose to complete a survey, information you provide to us may be disclosed to other companies, but will be anonymised and aggregated.
6.6 We may disclose information we collect about you if required or authorised to do so by applicable law (domestic or overseas) or in response to a court order or its equivalent and/or regulators anywhere in the world. We may also disclose your information in order to protect against fraud of to protect our property or other rights.
7.1 We take all reasonable precautions to protect the security of your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation requirements, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any unauthorised access to or use of this Website or the information stored by us should be reported to us immediately by sending an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. Storage and use of information about you outside the European Union
8.1 Your personal information may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. We store the information we collect via this Website and other sources (such as our customer call centres) on centralised computer systems hosted by or on behalf of SunPower Corporation. These are located outside of the EEA, primarily in the United States.
8.2 Please be aware that data protection laws in the United States do not currently offer the same level of protection as in the EEA and you may have fewer statutory rights in respect of information stored and processed by SunPower Corporation about you. However, SunPower Corporation has agreed with SunPower Corporation UK Limited to protect such information in accordance with European data protection laws using a model contract approved by the European Commission. Regardless of location or whether the person accessing your personal data is an employee or contractor we will impose the same data protection safeguards that we deploy inside the EEA.
8.3 We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose for which they were collected. Certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for claims in respect of the transaction has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data.
Our Website uses "web cookies" that it places on your computer whenever you visit this website in order to distinguish between and to log access by each visitor's browser. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please see our Cookies Policy.
11. Your rights of access, rectification, deletion and objection
Under UK data protection law, you have certain rights in relation to our collection and use of information about you. In particular, you are entitled to a copy of the information that we process about you and you may request the rectification, cancellation or deletion of any information that we process about you that is not accurate or up-to date.
You can exercise these rights by writing to us at, or by sending an email to, the addresses listed in paragraph 12, including your full name and contact details. You may be asked to prove your identify.
12. Contact Us
SunPower Corporation UK Ltd.
Birmingham International Park
Solihull, B37 7GN